Electrical Installation Requirements
- All conductors shall be insulated copper conductors approved for the conditions of use.
- Each docking facility requiring electricity shall be supplied by only one (1) set of feeder conductors from the residential house panel. One (1) single branch circuit can serve as a feeder conductor if it is connected to a feed through module GFI disconnecting means.
- Overcurrent device(s) or disconnecting means designed to disconnect all electrical power supplying the docking facility shall be located onshore and within six (6) feet of the docking facility ramp it serves.
- The bottom height of the overcurrent device(s) or disconnecting means shall be 42 inches above the dock walkway at the shore connection or above elevation 665.
- A grounding electrode (in compliance with NEC 250.52, 250.53, 250.56) shall be installed at the onshore overcurrent device(s) or disconnecting means.
- An insulated grounding electrode conductor (sized in compliance with NEC 250.66, but not smaller than #6 AWG) shall be installed connecting the grounding electrode to the equipment grounding terminal at each onshore sub-panel or disconnecting means enclosures.
- For a complete list of requirements, click here.
Other Boat Dock Regulation Resources
Summerset Boat Lifts is your premier boat lift dealer at the Lake of the Ozarks. We're proud to offer the Galva-Hoist product line of floating boat lifts. We pride ourselves in service, and it’s what sets us apart from everyone else. We'll take care of your boat lift at the Lake of the Ozarks, and will even put you in contact with those that can help you with your dock. For any of your water recreation needs, contact Summerset Boat Lifts at 573-348-5073!
1165 Jeffries Road Osage Beach, MO 65065
Keep up with local news, events and product information by Following us!!