With all those boats out on the water to close out the season, it's important you use caution. Keep these tips in mind while you're cruising around the lake this weekend:
- Make sure you designate a driver! While it's a holiday weekend and we know you want to have fun, make sure your captain is sober. Just like with cars, drinking and driving don't mix.
- Be sure to have enough life jackets on board for every passenger, and make sure that they are accessible. Children need to be wearing their life jackets at all times while aboard.
- Don't speed. This rule is especially important when there's a lot of traffic on the water. Operating at a safe speed will help you avoid a boating accident.
- Stay alert. Just like when driving, there can be a lot of distractions on a boat. Make sure your captain is aware of the surroundings and avoiding distractions.
- Steer clear of any large vessels or other watercraft that might be restricted in their ability to stop or turn.
- Follow a pre-departure checklist, which includes checking the horn, checking the lights, ensuring safety tools and spares are on board, topping off fuel and checking the oil, checking ventilation & the bilges, checking the battery and reviewing rules and documentation.
Labor Day Weekend just wouldn't be complete without watching some fireworks from your boat! Here's where you can catch the displays this weekend:
- Bear Bottom Resort @ the 38 MM - Saturday at 9:45 PM
- Bagnell Dam @ the 0 MM - Saturday at 9:00 PM
- Inn at Grand Glaize @ the 1 MM of the Grand Glaize Arm - Sunday at 9:00 PM
- Tan-Tar-A Resort @ the 26 MM - Sunday at Dusk
- The Lodge of Four Seasons @ the 13 MM - 8:30 to 9:30 PM
Happy Labor Day Weekend from Summerset Boat Lifts! If you have any issues with your Lake of the Ozarks boat lift this weekend, be sure to give us a call at 573-348-5073. We've got all your boat lift repair and service needs covered!
1165 Jeffries Road Osage Beach, MO 65065
Keep up with local news, events and product information by Following us!!