Boat Lift Maintenance Tips
Follow these boat lift maintenance tips to ensure your boat lift is always in proper working condition:
- Start with a complete visual inspection of all moving parts, bushings, hoses and hose clamps. If you see something that doesn't quite look right, give Summerset Boat Lifts a call to come check it out.
- Check all nuts, bolts and hose clamps with a wrench for tightness.
- Check all cables and hoses for any broken strands, punctures, etc.
- Grease the gears several times per year. It's recommended that you grease them after every 15-20 uses.
- Due to normal wear and tear, the drive belt can become loose, so be sure to tighten it regularly.
- Remove the motor cover and clean out any debris that may have gotten in there. It's also a good idea to inspect the motor for any visual damage or part wear.
- Spray all motor parts with a corrosion preventative lubricant semi-annually.
- Check carpeted bunks for worn areas and tears, repair or replace them as necessary.
- Inspect the condition of wood bunks and replace them if any are cracked or split.
- Whenever possible, raise your lift out of the water and give it a good rinse. Leaving it submerged for prolonged periods of time can reduce its life. Rinsing it regularly will keep your boat lift at the Lake of the Ozarks looking and functioning like new!
- During the off-season or during extended periods of no boating activity, it's recommended to operate your lift occasionally to keep the motor contacts and brushes clean, and keep everything evenly lubricated.
Boat Lift Services at the Lake of the Ozarks
Should you have any questions or issues about boat lift maintenance at the Lake of the Ozarks, be sure to give Summerset Boat Lifts a call at 573-348-5073. We pride ourselves in service, and that's what sets us apart in the industry. We don't just sell you a lift, we sell you our personal service for years to come.
1165 Jeffries Road Osage Beach, MO 65065
Keep up with local news, events and product information by Following us!!