4th of July Trivia Questions
1. Which US historians died on July 4th, 1826 on the 50th Anniversary of Independence Day?
A. Benjamin Franklin and John Adams
B. George Washington and Thomas Jefferson
C. Samuel Adams and George Washington
D. John Adams and Thomas Jefferson
2. What classic children's book was published on July 4, 1865?
A. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
B. The Adventures of Tom Sawyer
C. The Water Babies
D. 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
3. When were fireworks first used in an official Fourth of July celebration?
4. Which president first held a 4th of July Celebration at the White House?
A. George Washington
B. John Adams
C. Thomas Jefferson
D. James Madison
A. The Philadelphia Eagle
B. The New York Times
C. The Pennsylvania Evening Post
D. The National Enquirer
A. Calvin Coolidge
B. James Buchanan
C. Lyndon B. Johnson
D. Ronald Reagan
7. How many people were living in the US on July 4, 1776?
A. 2.5 million
B. 9 million
C. 15 million
D. 30 million
8. When did the 4th of July become a federal holiday?
9. Which of the following was not one of the original 13 American Colonies?
D. North Carolina
10. What baseball player threw a 4-0 no-hitter against the Boston Red Sox on July 4, 1983?
A. Jim Palmer of the Baltimore Orioles
B. Orel Hershiser of the Los Angeles Dodgers
C. Jack Morris of the Detroit Tigers
D. Dave Righetti of the New York Yankees
11. What animal did Bejamin Franklin want to be the national animal before being outvoted by John Adams and Thomas Jefferson on the Eagle?
C. Bob Cat
A. John Adams
B. John Hancock
C. Thomas Jefferson
D. Benjamin Franklin
13. Who was the youngest signer of the Declaration of Independence?
A. Thomas Lynch
B. Samuel Adams
C. Edward Rutledge
D. William Whipple
1. D - John Adams and Thomas Jefferson
2. A - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
3. A - 1777
4. C - Thomas Jefferson
5. C - The Pennsylvania Evening Post
6. A - Calvin Coolidge
7. A - 2.5 million
8. B - 1870
9. A - Vermont
10. D - Dave Righetti of the New York Yankees
11. B - Turkey
12. B- John Hancock
13. C - Edward Rutledge
Summerset Boat Lifts is your premier Lake of the Ozarks boat lift dealer! We’re proud to offer the Galva-Hoist product line of floating boat lifts. Galva-Hoist is engineered at the lake for The Lake…Lake of the Ozarks. The Galva-Hoist is extremely capable of withstanding the roughest waters here at the lake. No matter what brand of boat or dock you have, the Galva-Hoist at Lake of the Ozarks provides great value and performance!