Boat Lift Preventative Maintenance Tips
- Grease the gears at least 3 times a year. You can grease them more frequently if the lift is used regularly, grease after every 15-20 uses. With new installations, its recommended to grease the unit after the first 5-10 uses.
- Due to normal wear, the drive belt can become loose over time. Be sure to re-tighten it regularly.
- Whenever possible, raise your lift out of the water and rinse it. Leaving it submerged for prolonged periods of time accelerates deterioration. Rinsing will keep your boat lift at the Lake of the Ozarks looking and functioning like new!
- Visually inspect any cables and or hoses regularly for any broken strands, punctures, etc.
- Visually inspect the motor and bearings for any damage or part wear.
- Visually inspect all working parts for signs of excessive wear.
- Spray all motor parts with a corrosion preventative lubricant at least twice a year.
- Its also recommended to operate your lift occasionally during the off-season or extended periods of no boating activity to keep the motor contacts and brushes clean and everything evenly lubricated.
If you feel you need your Lake of the Ozarks boat lift serviced by a professional or you're experiencing a boat lift emergency, be sure to give Summerset Boat Lifts a call at 573-348-5073. We pride ourselves in service, and it’s what sets us apart from everyone else. We want our customers to relax knowing their boat lift needs are being handled by professionals. Be surprised at how soon you may see a representative of Summerset Boat Lifts on your dock. We want to earn your trust and your business!
1165 Jeffries Road Osage Beach, MO 65065
Keep up with local news, events and product information by Following us!!