Boat Lift Maintenance TipsFollow these boat lift maintenance tips to ensure your boat lift is always in proper working condition:
1) Start with a complete visual inspection of all moving parts, bushings, hoses and hose clamps. If you see something that doesn't quite look right, give Summerset Boat Lifts a call to come to check it out.
2) Check all nuts, bolts and hose clamps with a wrench for tightness.
3) Check all cables and hoses for any broken strands, punctures, etc.
4) Grease the gears several times per year. It's recommended that you grease them after every 15-20 uses.
5) Due to normal wear and tear, the drive belt can become loose, so be sure to tighten it regularly.
6) Remove the motor cover and clean out any debris that may have gotten in there. It's also a good idea to inspect the motor for any visual damage or part wear.
7) Spray all motor parts with a corrosion preventative lubricant semi-annually.
8) Check carpeted bunks for worn areas and tears, repair or replace them as necessary.
9) Inspect the condition of wood bunks and replace them if any are cracked or split.
10) Whenever possible, raise your lift out of the water and give it a good rinse. Leaving it submerged for prolonged periods of time can reduce its life. Rinsing it regularly will keep your boat lift at the Lake of the Ozarks looking and functioning like new!
11) Let Summerset Boat Lifts ensure your lift is properly maintained! We don't only build the best boat lifts at the Lake of the Ozarks, we pride ourselves on offering high quality service for our customers, as well. We can come to check out your lift to make sure it is in good working condition to create a safe and effective place for your boat to spend most of its time.
If you're in need of boat lift maintenance at the Lake of the Ozarks, give us a call! We'll be on your dock checking out your lift in no time. We look forward to helping keep your lift in proper working order year-round!
Summerset Boat Lifts
1165 Jeffries Road Osage Beach, MO 65065
Keep up with local news, events and product information by Following us!!