Winter is just around the corner and the temperatures here at the Lake are already dropping. Before the snow, ice and freezing temperatures arrive, you should prepare your dock and boat lift at the Lake of the Ozarks
. Frozen water can cause a lot of damage to your dock, boat and boat lift. This problem can be solved by adding a de-icer to your dock. Summerset Boat Lifts has you covered with our Kasco De-Icers at the Lake of the Ozarks
What is a De-Icer?
A de-icer is a device you can place on your dock to prevent ice formation and expansion which can cause costly damage to your property. By providing superior thrust and water movement, a de-icer pushes the warm, bottom water to the surface to prevent or eliminate ice formation. This creates an ice free area of protection around your boat, dock, pier or other property installed in the water during freezing tempuratures of the Winter season. This ice free area will not only prevent damage from ice jacking and expansion, but it can provide protection for fish and other aquatic species by allowing for areas of oxygen to enter the water.
What type of De-Icer do I need?
De-icers are available in many different varities: 1/2 HP, 3/4 HP or 1 HP, and 120V or 240V. A 1/2 HP de-icer will work well with a one-well dock or in a situation where you simply "bubble" your own slip in a community dock. A 3/4 HP de-icer is suggested for two-well docks. Multiple de-icers may be required for full coverage depending on the size of your dock. Air / Water thermostats are also available to limit the run time. The Summerset Boat Lifts
staff is here to ensure you get the right de-icer for your dock!
De-Icer Features and Benefits
is the preferred De-Icer of Summerset Boat Lifts at the Lake of the Ozarks. Their De-Icers are your best choice for ice prevention and property protection The rugged and efficient design of the Kasco De-Icer delivers powerful performance with simplicity of use and operation. Features and benefits of the Kasco De-Icers include:
- Efficient / Low Power Use: Highest efficiency design for low power consumption versus competing units. Reduces operating costs over the entire life of the unit.
- Rugged Motor: Environmentally friendly design with a hard-face internal mechanical seal and external debris flinger for protection against leaks. Long-life top and bottom ball bearings. Flood oil lubricated for excellent heat dissipation.
- Corrosion Resistant: Superior dependability in salt-water or other corrosive environments. All external metal motor, float, and hardware components are stainless steel.
- Low Maintenance: Clean the motor housing once or twice per year and replacing the sacrificial zinc anode when visibly corroded.
- Safety Tested: ETL listed to stringent UL and CSA standards.
- Ships Easily: Via UPS in 1 or 2 cartons (depends on cord length).
- Dependable: Backed by a two-year warranty
- Choice of Cord Lengths: SJTOW underwater rated power cord in 25′, 50′ or 100′. Includes two 20′ braided nylon suspension ropes.
- Made in the U.S.A.
Protect your Lake of the Ozarks boat lift
and boat with a de-icer this Winter! It's always better to try to prevent the problem than wait until the damage is done. Repairing the damage would most likely cost you more in the long run. Summerset Boat Lifts is here to help with all your boat lift needs at the Lake of the Ozarks. Contact us today at 573-348-5073 to order your de-icer today!
1165 Jeffries Road Osage Beach, MO 65065
Keep up with local news, events and product information by Following us!!